This list compiles the best agar private servers from across the web, sorted by quality. This article was linked to by how to unblock agario when these were important for getting around the firewall. Each server is followed by a list of game types and pros and cons.
For recommendations, leave a comment below!
This originally Russian server started out small then became a huge hit after being featured by a famous Russian Youtuber. It has good servers, is very fast, and has a large list of features. It has unique game modes and always has tons of people. Mostly unknown by the English agar community, this is the first recommended agar server because of these qualities.
- Huge number of players
- Unique game types only available here ( some of which are seriously awesome, see below )
- Clans with custom skins
- Large list of skins ( official list coming to their website soon )
- Custom personal skins available with donations
- Lots of custom options / preferences
- Mostly Russian player base
- Slightly annoying interface
- Slightly Laggy interface
- Clanhouse: Custom rooms owned and regulated by donor clans where they can choose their own game mode, and can protect it with password.
- FFA: Normal mode
- Fast food: Game mode best described by quote: “food is very large – 5 units at once, top size of a cell is increased to 32,500 units. All maps have an increased size. Mode is notable for huge player masses and a very dynamic game in which there is a risk to break the W key and the spacebar.”
- Hardcore mode: Double speed. Food sizes ranging from 1-50.
- Megasplit: Max split is 80 cells. Recombine time is zero. This game is hectic and unbalanced and fun.
- Team: Standard team game except you can’t switch sides.
- Experimental: Standard experimental mode.
- Hardcore experimental: Hardcore mode (see above) version of experimental.
- Arena: Basically a hunger games mode where there is small map and one life.
- Fatboy Arena: Arena mode where everybody starts at 1k mass.
- Crazy FFA: Insane mode where W takes away mass rather than giving it, and everybody starts with 400 mass.
- Deathmatch: W shoots like bullets instead. Top ten is list of most kills. Start with 700 mass. Max split 4. Viruses are solid walls. Awesome.
- Zombie: 1 zombie has to infect the rest. There are 2 power ups, one for zombies and one for humans. The zombie one is a simple superfast zombie, and the human one lets you eat zombies, and cures the poison that makes it so you’re about to turn into a zombie.
- Virus Wars: Use V to shoot viruses. Max split count is 32. Viruses don’t feed. Minimum mass to use: 500.
- Black hole: Boring game where you feed black hole to score.
So far this is clearly the best agar private server. More game modes are expected and likely even more support for US.
Though being a smaller and unknown to English, the hyper increased speed of movement, increased split speed, and foreign speaking turks makes this server ridiculously fun and better than even official agar servers.
This is the server where I personally learned to become better at agar because of the increased speeds and small map size. The competition is intense, and being a small server, small rivalries become fierce (but intensely fun). If there is a team running around at number one and two, it can be basically impossible, but adds to the challenge of winning all the more. After playing this, official games seem like they’re time warped at 25% speed, and it’s just ridiculously easy to win on official servers at that point.
- super speed and super juke
- small enough to be competitive
- fun playing with turks
- teaming can be a problem
- speaking english
- Fantasy (“Eglence“): Increased max split, decreased join times
- Global 18+
- Rainbow: Everybody turns pretty colors
So far just all around good servers, but the huge number of ads is frustrating. This servers are promising and like agario.biz.tr has a fantasy server which is even better than the normal mode of this server.
- Plenty of English support
- Fun fantasy mode
- Good amount of people
- Fantasy (increased max split and combine speed)
- Turkish servers
Agarmods is a plugin that you install that makes it so you can access their private servers when you visit the official agar.io website. It is a little too complicated and the plugin is constantly giving me errors, but there are a few unique game types that make it somewhat special. There are always people on and you can have custom skins uploaded to imgur.
- custom skins
- special game types
- setup is required
- sometimes gives errors that make it unplayable
- Enhanced teams: Using Q allows you to toggle being eaten by teammates. Small cells don’t push as much against bigger cells.
- Hunger games (arena mode)
- Hide and seek